Below are the procedures required for our products.
- Bit is completely cleaned; on open bearing all mud and foreign material is purged from bearings.
- Bit is thoroughly inspected as follows:
- Seals are checked for effectiveness (journal and sealed roller).
- Jet nozzles are removed and nozzle bosses cleaned and inspected. New O-rings are installed. Nozzle boss is greased and jet is cleaned and reinstalled with new snap ring where applicable.
- Pin is inspected visually.
- If bit has passed the above, it is retipped.
- When bit is finished being retipped, it is ring gaged.
- On all open bearing, sealed and journal bearing bits, bit leg is hardfaced for added protection.
- Bit is painted and ring gaged a second time to insure accuracy.
- Bit is now ready for use.
Other services include 24 hour service, and supply specified nozzles with our bits.